Linden Wall CLock-Broken Piece for Pendulum mount - upper

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
- #1159 by Anonymous
Anonymous created the topic: Linden Wall CLock-Broken Piece for Pendulum mount - upper
Helllo

Forgive me , but im new to this , I have a LINDEN wall clock , that i got from my grandma . Its probably from the 50 or 60's. I read about how to oil and clean clocks but i need a par that is broken .. Ill describe it as best i can , but if you tell me what email address to use, ill try to explain it now.

Up , toward the top pf the movement is where the pendulum arm connects to the frame . Here , at the connection , shaft about 1/2" long . From this , hangs the broken part. Its a rectangular piece of metal with 2 shiny strips that are 1/2 long and 1/2 wide - with a gap of 1/8 " between them . The pendulum arm is hung from this piece. ONE of the shiny metal strips is sheared where it it is crimped between the thin metal pieces that hold it . This is where a the picture comes in . I need this small piece that has 2 shiny metal pieces . I think it has something to do with stabilizing the swing of pendulum .

Please reply and let me know what this piece is called and how i can get a replacement . It looks like it can be replaced by removing the pin thru post mount . The Pendulum just hooks on this part.

Kevin Svoboda
Last Edit: by tjevans5.
  • Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
#1160 by Anonymous
Anonymous replied the topic: Linden Wall CLock-Broken Piece for Pendulum mount - upper
Kevin,

It sounds like you are a looking for a "suspension spring", here are some that we carry: Suspension springs

If you do not find any that are the size you need you may want to check with timesavers.com.

Hope this helps, Tim